Sometimes, with smaller amounts of paper or documents to be shredded, it is easier to consolidate them and bring them to Kent Record Management's convenient drop-off shredding locations throughout Western Michigan.
While we offer onsite mobile shredding and offsite shredding collection services, you might prefer to bring it to us on your schedule.
We offer an easy, affordable solution for destroying your confidential documents. Simply stop by one of our drop-off shredding locations when it is convenient for you. There’s no need to make an appointment. You don’t even have to remove staples and paperclips! Simply bring us your files and we’ll do the rest.
How to Prepare for Drop-Off Shredding
- Ensure that your documents have been thoroughly examined to remove any combustible materials, metal objects, office equipment, computer cables, old cell phones, batteries, food, or other garbage that may be harmful to our shredder.
- Remove documents from 3-ring binders and any plastic casings such as documents in plastic folders, plastic covers or plastic bags.
- You do not need to remove staples, paper clips, hanging folders (with metal strips), manila folders, paper board legal binders, spiral notebook binders, or books. We can handle these!
No Appointment Necessary
Drop off of your shredding requirements any weekday, excluding holidays, at any one of our locations listed below from 8:00 am-4:30 pm. No appointment necessary.
Drop-Off Shredding Details & Pricing
- $5 per standard size box (approx. 15″ x 12″ x 10″) and $10 per letter-size banker's box. If you have more than 10 boxes of any size, we charge $0.12/lb.
- A list of acceptable items for shredding can be found here.
- Please contact us for more information on the destruction of special items, such as hard or soft cover books, pharmacy pill bottles, plastic credit cards, bank cards, identification cards, microfilm, microfiche, X-rays, photographs, audio tapes, video tapes or cassettes.
- Kent Record Management has the right to refuse any materials for drop-off shredding.
"We are all very impressed with Kent Records! From the beginning, everyone has been helpful and available, via email or phone. The simple, easy-to-use platform and personal customer service make all the difference in the world!"
Operations Assistant /American Board of Emergency Medicine
"When the decision was made to expand our Traverse City office as well as improve office efficiencies, we called Kent Records Management. Their exceptional service and reputation that is prevalent in the Grand Rapids area made the call an easy one. Kent Records Management works with the customer to make sure all needs are met while they maintain the utmost professionalism and confidentiality."
– Diane Zandstra
Vice President, Access Point
"You make it so easy to do business with you!"
Post Closing Specialist & Title Coordinator, Member Advantage Mortgage
"I just wanted to drop you a quick line to let you know that we have been a very satisfied customer of Kent records for about 10 years now. The service we receive for hardcopy and media from the Kalamazoo location is excellent!"
Team Member, Coca-Cola
"Your staff came so quickly to take care of our shredding needs! We appreciate who they are and what they do in your business!"
"We really enjoyed working with [Kent Record Management] on our shredding project. Your staff were extremely pleasant and very helpful – it was a true pleasure! We were amazed at how fast it went!"
Vail Rubber Works
"Thank you for providing such great customer service. Our documents are very sensitive and I never have to worry about them getting into the wrong hands. Today (a courier) picked up my shred container. He was polite, professional and got the job done quickly. He was also very thorough in making sure that my documents were locked and secure as he took them from our storage to the truck. I was very impressed with his service."
“MANN+HUMMEL USA INC has been using Kent Records for the storage of a wide variety of business records for more than 10 years. We find the people at Kent Records deliver a high level of customer service. We find them very responsive to our requests and the timely and efficient service has been greatly appreciated. When we request record retrieval, we find the records to be well maintained and in excellent condition. We feel confident that record destruction is being accomplished safely, securely and within the specifications established by our company. We feel confident in the reliability, safety, security, and efficient services provided to us by Kent Records.”
"Our courier from Kent Records is always pleasant and we enjoy seeing him! He also solved my personal shredding problem by selling me two of your shredding bags that I can fill up and deliver to your offices."
“Always good working with KRM - everyone is so helpful and pleasant.”
– Honey Blemaster
Sparrow Health System